Starting Blocks is a JCPE book for Junior Cycle students. It has been written to support the development of a physically literate young person. It develops the knowledge, understanding, skills and values to facilitate students’ informed, confident and competent participation in physical activity and a commitment to lifelong engagement.
- Full coverage of the Junior Cycle Physical Education specification.
- Colourful and engaging content.
- Numerous learning activities and Case Studies.
- Information on how to develop the two Classroom-Based Assessments.
- Encourages students to develop lifelong skills by being physically active.
- Written by experienced and practising JCPE teachers who understand the realities of teaching in the classroom and in the sports hall.
Chapter opening pages show teachers at a glance which Learning Outcomes are covered.
Class Based Assessments
Information on how to complete the Classroom-Based Assessments.
Skills analysis and reflection
Students can track their understanding using Skills Analysis and Reflection.