ON YOUR MARKS TEXTBOOK
On Your Marks is an LCPE book for Senior Cycle students. It has been written to develop the student’s capacity to be an informed, skilled, self-directed and reflective performer in physical education and physical activity in Senior Cycle and in their future life.
Full coverage of the Leaving Certificate Physical Education specification:
- Colourful, engaging content presented with contemporary Irish and international examples and images.
- Learning outcomes at the beginning of each chapter.
- Digital resources including videos.
- Online revision quizzes for each topic.
- Numerous learning activities such as talking points, class discussions and web research.
- Exam-style questioning and case studies.
- Additional resources to teach each topic including: chapter overviews, extension activities, research areas, links and QR codes to On Your Marks online revision quizzes, student demonstration videos and much more.
- Information on how to select the three physical activities.
- The Teacher Resource Book contains a comprehensive planning section to assist you in planning for LCPE including sample schemes of work and quick look guides. The TRB also includes:
- Physical Activity Project (PAP) guide.
- Performance Assessment guide
- Information on written assessment.
- Written by experienced and practising LCPE teachers who understand the realities of teaching in the classroom and in the sports hall.