LIGHT THE WAY TEXTBOOK
Specifically designed to meet the needs of today’s non-examination classroom.
- Content: The key sections of the Junior Certificate Religious Education syllabus are covered. There are chapters devoted to each of the major world religions.
- Structure: The text is divided into 6 manageable sections, each dealing with a specific aspect of religious education.
- Language: This book is written in clear, straightforward language. It is suitable for students of varying levels of ability.
- Literacy: Key ideas are clearly defined in Remember! boxes to highlight their significance. The text gradually builds towards each key idea, only using a term once its meaning has been explained.
- lDesign and layout: Full-colour throughout, packed with charts, photographs, maps and keyed illustrations.
- lTrue-life stories: A wide variety of true-life stories of modern men and women, which will illuminate the key ideas and help students to grasp their meaning.The stories include those of Dorothy Stang, Desmond Tutu, Malala Yousafzai,Leona Helmsley, David and Ted Kaczynski, Vicky Noratuk, Chiquinho Scarpa and Konstantin Tischendorf.
- Did you know? Fact boxes with interesting and relevant background detail are featured throughout the text.
- Activities: Each chapter ends with a variety of activities. These include:Crosswords, Wordsearches, Matching Exercises, True or False quizzes and more.Higher order questions are also